Hats off to Telefonica Black. I was actually having a beer with Fernando the other night and told him for some reason I thought this would be his leg. He said 'I really hope so'. I didn’t realise I was a prophet. I was digging my own grave on that one!
Congratulations to all those guys, they have worked very hard for their first leg win. We will take our second and our second overall. You know what? We just sailed around the world. I guess I said 100,000 times that we know no way but to make it hard. Shame because we usually win these close battles and today we didn't.
The big picture is we finished this race, everyone is safe, the boat has been spectacular. We flew the flag well for Volvo and I think we flew the flag well for PUMA. We have everything to be proud of. Relief is the right word. Right now it is relief and as always we are a pretty tired group onboard. Let the celebrations begin because all of group deserves it.
- Kenny










