Search
- Filter Selection
- View All
June 13, 2009
I arrived in Stockholm at roughly 22:00 (10 pm)- in broad daylight*. Although most of the city’s shops and boutiques had long since closed, Stockholm seemed to be humming with energy. It is my first time Sweden, so I can’t yet give too much insight into the inner workings of its culture, however, I have noticed a few different knacks that, as far as I can tell are exclusive to this part of the world.
1. Hair is really important! Big knarley, radical, colorful hair.
2. Either your skin is sheet white, or it is leather brown. No exceptions and I’m not sure how it works...
3. Living ain't cheap!!!
But, despite my weird first impressions, the city seems to be well rounded with a solid blend of history and modernism. It will no doubt hold the Volvo Ocean Race and its rather insane following (as seen in Galway) quite nicely. Our whole team is looking forward to the weeks ahead.
- Nick (Nick Dana, PUMA Shore Team)
*The PUMA shore team arrived in Stockholm a few days early to set up the shore base, while the sailing team is at the Marstrand Pit Stop
Labels:
Text and Images









