There was a huge sigh of relief on the vessel last night as the breeze we had been waiting for finally arrived. Now we are on our bike and currently find ourselves racing NE alongside the Ericssons and Tele-Black. It’s a drag race to the scoring gate at Fernando de Noronha currently around 1000 miles away. It will be weird rounding the island. It has been a strange seven months since we were last there on Leg One to Cape Town and rounding the Island going the other way will certainly feel like a significant step.
The sailing at the moment is fairly comfortable - flat water and twelve knots of wind. It's starting to get very hot down below which makes it difficult to sleep, especially without a fan, and for some reason on this boat MCM's don't qualify for a fan! In fact if I do this race again a fan would probably be the first thing I'd ask for. Just made a lovely lunch of Keri-Keri Roast Chicken- always a favorite and especially so since I renamed it during the Rio stopover.
- Rick
Search
- Filter Selection
- View All









