Maybe I'll write a blog entitled Meals from Memory- where I recall, in 35,000 words or more, fresh meals I've eaten in the past. That would be a great way to drive myself totally crazy!
We're not there yet but absolutely we need to be. I'm amazed at the tenacity of the sailing team. They've been up on deck for weeks getting absolutely pounded by the elements. I think we mentally kidded ourselves into thinking that once around The Horn things would ease up, the E's would sail into a hole and we would go flying by, leaping from wave top to wave top, surfing along in a wall of spray.

It turns out that although it's not as cold, it's still fire hose conditions on deck. Up ahead the rich are slowly getting richer. We will have to keep fighting all the way to Copacabana if we want to catch those guys. Digging deep is what Volvo sailors are good at. It takes tough guys to sail this race. Physically the guys are beat, and now the mind must take over and force the body to just go for the next five minutes, five hours or five days. I know our team will do it and come through this epic race stronger than ever.
Having said that, imagine being locked in the house for six weeks with 10 members of your family, including your parents, in-laws, and of course your crazy uncle. After five weeks everyone is absolutely certain that without a doubt in their mind they are the only sane person in the building!
- Rick









