
0700 hours: Woken up 30 minutes early by Jerry- makes me very angry...just kidding! Rob's (Rob Greenhalgh) watch needs a hand to get the J4 down. Quickly throw gear on and head on deck. Sleep gets washed out of my eyes by a BIG, COLD WAVE. About a half hour goes by and I'm already drenched!

1800 hours: Shook out two reefs, took down the #4 (sail). Temperature is dropping- my hands are FREEZING. I snuck down for gloves...they were very, very hard to find (wink). Got a hard time from watch captain Sid (Sidney Gavignet) when I got back on deck for taking too long.

0100 hours: Moved the whole stack anticipating a sail change. Capey got a new weather report in and reversed the decision. Erle is driving...Ken, Salty and I move stack back to original position.

0200 hours: Sailing along with the sun setting behind us. Discussion points: 1. Capey and Ken below discussing Northerly or Southerly route options from gate to "The Horn." 2. Mysterious disapparance of a chocolate bar that was put aside for Justin and Michi's watch. 3. Things to do in Rio.









