November 23, 2008

Leg 2 Day 9 - I raise my hat to...

Hi there!

The heat is back, it's a good thing. We are doing some good miles toward the finish, that's also a good thing. il mostro is in fifth place, that's a good and bad one. We could be delivering the boat in slow speed instead of being racing, so for this reason we can not complain, but as a "racer" it is always frustrating to have some transom in front of us. To tell the truth, I am looking forward to the Doldrums and a new situation where anything could happen. But once again the Ericsson boats are in the lead and, so far, they deserve it!



Conditions are pretty easy and the team is working well, this is a satisfaction. I'm taking this opportunity with a little text to raise my hat to Casey, our boat captain, Chris Nicholson, Salty (Rob Salthouse) and our German legend Michi Mueller who worked together to repair Il Mostro. "Battler" (Robbie Naismith) has been enjoying the strong conditions, especially this 48 knots gust with a full main, he loved it!

No Pirates around, only few flying fishes. Bring them on! We are looking for action here!!!

Alright, I am going to get some good dreams....another voyage!

See ya!

Sidney